Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dollhouse Update: wallpaper and flooring on a budget

I didn't want to spend $30 on a roll of multi-room dollhouse wallpaper just to have my nit-picky daughter tell me she didn't like any of the designs, or to find out that I don't know what the hell I am doing when it comes to wallpapering {I don't}.

So my brilliant idea was to use scrapbooking paper and modge podge! I think it came out pretty good, except for the wrinkles, but I told Gillian, that's okay because wallpaper in real life wrinkles too... haha.

For the bathroom rugs above and for the bedroom carpet I cut up an old hand towel that has seen better days and modge podged that to the floor, then some modge podge along the edges to prevent it from fraying.

And for the livingroom floor, this was Gillian's idea, we simply took a permanent marker {one of the pencil thickness ones} and drew straight lines on the floor. Then went over it with two coats of modge podge to shine it up. The idea came from the fact that this is what our floors look like in our apartment.
Tomorrow I'll show you the dolls I attempted to sew for her.

Visit the Store or Find me on Facebook!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...