Monday, January 31, 2011

Recycled. Box turned sewing kit.

I started with a cardboard box that our Vonage adapter came in. It's a nice sturdy box with a lid:
After sanding the shiny box so it would stick, I Modge Podged some K&Company paper to the top and sides. I used the Girl Scout paper pack. I used some CTMH stamps for the buttons and lettering, added some ribbon. I used a brad and twill ribbon to make it easier to open.

I wanted the inside to be sectioned off so I cut some coasters and used CTMH Liquid Glass to attach them inside. I did have to cut the side flaps off the box to make it work with my sections.

And in there you can see the pin cushion I quickly whipped out for Gillian. It took all of five minutes!

Visit the Store or Find me on Facebook!

1 comment:

Midnight Creations said...

Looks super cute, who doesn't need more places to keep sewing supplies? Fun project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...